So you have a mustache and you need some wax to tame it right? I’ve been experimenting to find a perfect mustache wax recipe for homemade mustache wax! Now, I’ve finally come up with the perfect recipe to tame your stache’!
Materials Needed To Make Wax:
– One portion beeswax
– One portion coconut oil
– A Shallow Tin Can (Hold the wax)
Steps To A Perfect Mustache Wax Recipe:
- Create a double boiler by putting a metal bowl on top of a pot/container of boiling water. Once the water (2″) is boiling, add the portions of the beeswax and coconut oil like said above in the materials. You can use 1/2 cup of beeswax and/or coconut oil to make the wax.
- The materials will take some time to melt, keep stirring while both coconut oil and beeswax are melting.
- Now some time has passed, you will know that all the chunks/pieces have melted. Once all has melted DO NOT turn the heat off for the pot, keep it at low-medium heat making sure it’s not off, since if turned off the wax will solidify quickly thus ruining the wax.
- Now when ready to pour turn off heat and pour into a glass or container (must be heat resistant). Let it cool down for about 20-30 minutes.
- Now get a shallow tin can (for wax), to pour the wax into. DO NOT pour till brim, leave some space (don’t let it overflow). You’ll notice you have too much wax, remember to have more than 1 tin.
- The usual color will be yellow, but once hardened it will be white (don’t be alarmed).
You may choose to put labels onto your tin. Too easy right? This is a simple mustache wax recipe.
Many mustache wax companies/providers choose to add extra ingredients/materials onto the wax. Scented oils, gum arabic, petroleum jelly (I despise this ingredient, used for firmness), and so many more ingredients.
*This Article is only for educational purposes, I am not responsible for any damages or mistakes.*